Halloween Treats

Being the room mom for both rooms, I was able to plan out and schedule myself easy for both kids Halloween treat days at school.

They can't have a Halloween party, as each class is only allowed a winter, spring and end of year party--so, we fudge the rules a bit and offer the kids a special snack. Or, in Gracie's classes case--a Halloween lunch.

I did Thomas' class snack yesterday.  These parents are awesome and signed up for all the items I requested in 48 hours of posting the sign up list!!!  

Thomas and his friends enjoyed cupcakes, popcorn, Halloween pretzels, juice pouches and candy.  And, they got to watch Franklin's Halloween as they ate.

All this after they made a cute bat clothespin craft I found and prepared for them.

I think they all had a great celebration, and Thomas was loving having mommy in the classroom.

----


Today was Gracie's turn. I suggested a "brunch" for the all girl 5th grade class since it was an early release day and their lunch time was 10:30!!  Since we parents provided all the food, we were able to push the "brunch" time back to 11:15 and Mrs. Madison got more uninterrupted lesson time.  Because, we all know, the day is shot after fun food.


The girls loved the cheese strings, fresh fruit, carrots & cucumbers, cheese-balls, 2 desserts and candy for their "brunch," and most went back for second and third helpings! Those girls can really pack it away (in comparison, I threw away nearly full plates for almost all 23 Kindergarteners yesterday).

Since Mrs. Madison got her lessons in early, she let the girls have the last 10-15 minutes outside on the playground AFTER I got my class picture.


Both of my kids were truly spoiled along with their classmates this Halloween.

1 Response to "Halloween Treats"

  1. I'm glad to hear that I'm not the only one that has "special snacks" in my classroom! LOL

    ReplyDelete

Iklan Atas Artikel

Iklan Tengah Artikel 1

Iklan Tengah Artikel 2

Iklan Bawah Artikel