Loose Tooth

Here we go again.

You know I am not a fan of loose teeth. In fact, I handle stomach viruses better. I have a great aversion to the noise, the wiggling, the saliva, the blood...you get the idea.

So, when Thomas told me he couldn't eat and his tooth hurt, I knew it was time for mama to suck it up for round #3 of Thomas Tooth Drama.

As you may recall all of Gracie's teeth exits were filled with drama, and Thomas seems to be following in his sisters footsteps.

Let me catch you up on the technical aspects of my 5 year olds mouth--because you so need to know this--right?!

Thomas lost his first two teeth within days of each other last year in preschool. Well, as the old ones came out the new big teeth zoomed in. Well, that cause crowding and the new teeth to turn sideways.


A trip to the dentist and he was telling us that Thomas would need to have the 2 on either side of the new teeth removed.  He wanted to double check his thoughts on that and sent us across the hall to the orthodontist. Well, thankfully she felt like they were okay and told us to give them 3 months. We came back 3 months later and she said the same thing, 9 months later and she was still okay with his teeth, but was closing the gap on how long to let them wait. 

So, I am thrilled that one of the teeth that need to come out is wiggly. I do not want to put him through dental drama if I can avoid it.

Now you are caught up.

Cross your fingers that thing comes out soon. He let me wiggle it a little before wincing. It really hurts him to eat with it or move it, but it isn't nearly wiggly enough to come out any time super soon.

3 Responses to "Loose Tooth"

  1. Candice10:24 PM

    Oh, this makes me cringe! You'll probably get a call from me sooner than later. It hit me the other night. J will be FIVE in August which means loose teeth are right around the corner! Ugggh! (Maybe she'll follow in my footsteps. I didn't lose my first tooth until I was 7!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I completely understand the way you feel about loose teeth. They do appear unsanitary from time to time. In any case, it's a natural process and we have to accept that, maybe even be celebratory about the fact as well. Hahaha! Anyway, I'm glad you summed up the courage to guide Thomas with his loose tooth. I guess love for family is bigger than the fear of a yucky tooth, after all. Thanks for sharing that, Barbara! All the best to you and your family! :)

    Freddie Gray @ Ballantyne Dentistry

    ReplyDelete

Iklan Atas Artikel

Iklan Tengah Artikel 1

Iklan Tengah Artikel 2

Iklan Bawah Artikel