A Funny Thing Happened On The Way To Buy A House

Well, maybe not funny.

Our first house is on the back burner for now. I guess God has bigger adventures in store for us.

The new year has turned out to be full of "adventures" and twists and turns, and chaos, and refection, and a multitude of other emotions that no one wants to start their year off with.

I guess it was time. Last year was a good one for us. A growing year for me personally, uneventful compared to the less than 2 months of  2015.

I won't elaborate on all the details, mostly because there were too many too count, but also because they are personal and in many ways still very raw.

We are okay.  We will be okay. We trust in God's plan and his timing, and we trust in our family and lean on each other through all of life's twists and turns.

At the end of the school year we will pack up this house and move.  At the end of today daddy will come home for the last time from his Richmond job.  On Monday he will start a new job.

I know that doesn't sound like that much of a life change.  But, for us it was unplanned, unexpected, and in many ways unwanted.

We are slow "growers." We have been in Mechanicsville for 4 and a half years now and we were finally getting into the swing of things.  We were making friends, the kids were flourishing in school, I was volunteering and putting myself out there, and we were getting more involved as a family. We had made a life for ourselves and we were looking to plant roots here and buy our first ever home.

If you are keeping score at home, you might remember that it took roughly 5 years in Strasburg to do much of the same thing. We I lived life as a hermit with my one child, and then two children until I found a way into the hearts and lives of others.  And, while we were house hunting here, Strasburg will always be where my family and my heart resides.

While daddy and I have had a few weeks to process all of this change, I am sure from the post you have already read, this life "change" is still new and emotional.  I am the mama, my primary concern is for the kids and our home.  Knowing that I will have to take our kids out of a place they know and put them in a place they know nothing about where they will have to make new friends and start over with new teachers and neighbors turns my stomach. But, like many parents often realize, our children are stronger than we give them credit for, and often stronger than their mamas.

Gracie knows that we are moving at the end of the school year, and Thomas knows daddy will start working from home on Monday.  We aren't protecting him so much as his distracted little mind will never hold on to the entire concept, so there is no use in banging our heads against the wall for the next 4 months getting him to fully understand.

We are thankful for this opportunity, and we are proud of daddy. We thank daddy's new employers for allowing him to work from home and commute a few times a week so that the kids can finish out their school years with the teachers they adore and the friends and school they love.

To all of our Richmond friends and neighbors and fellow parents and school friends and staff, and church people, we are truly blessed to have gotten to know you at all.  I was sure that the move from my "home" almost 5 years ago would never be a positive one, and the pain would never end. It did end, and so many people welcomed us and encouraged us, and prayed for us, and influenced and affected us.  We are doing the best we can to stay positive about this new challenge and adventure. God had a plan when he sent us here, and he has a plan in sending us to another job in another part of Virginia--and we will follow with our full hearts.

2 Responses to "A Funny Thing Happened On The Way To Buy A House"

  1. Where are you moving?

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is BIG news!
    I can understand your trepidation. But this will be a grand adventure!!
    can't wait to read more...

    ReplyDelete

Iklan Atas Artikel

Iklan Tengah Artikel 1

Iklan Tengah Artikel 2

Iklan Bawah Artikel