Mommy's Birthday Wish List

I don't know if you remember my goals for my birthday last year, but they were lofty, and accomplished.

Well, this year, even though I loved the outcome of my "36 things to do before I turn 36" (and I promised to do it each year)--I didn't do it (and I'll explain why in my next post), but I did continue the idea of making (fun all about me) goals for my actual birth-day.

I posted this reasoning on Facebook, and it really sums up my journey to find love of self:

For the past 15+ years I have let my birthday come and go with little or no celebrating. As a mom and wife my day wasn't as important as days for my family. And then last year I made a list of things to do before I turned 36 and then made a fun list of things to do on my birthday. It felt wonderful. I may be too old for parties and cake and decorations, but it made me feel like I was important too. So this year I decided to remind myself that I matter again. I have birthday money in my pocket thanks to my mom & dad and I am going to spend it on myself they way I want to!! 

And, I did celebrate. I checked off all 10 birthday wishes and even got a bonus wish granted despite my cold.


Here they are:

#1: Hide the grey hairs
#2: Hot & Sour Soup
#3: Goodwill
#4: $5 (free) from Khols
#5: Ice Cream Cake
#6: Don't have to cook dinner
#7: Get Garren's Cold
#8: NCIS
#9: Fingers & Toes
#10: Birthday Picture
BONUS: 55% off coupon from A.C. Moore in my inbox later this morning!




I sincerely thank everyone who celebrated with me, called me, texted me, and remembered me today. Even at 37 it feels good to be thought of and wished well.

1 Response to "Mommy's Birthday Wish List"

  1. Barbara Miller Shipley For the past 15+ years I have let my birthday come and go with little or no celebrating. As a mom and wife my day wasn't as important as days for my family. And then last year I made a list of things to do before I turned 36 and then made a fun list of things to do on my birthday. It felt wonderful. I may be too old for parties and cake and decorations, but it made me feel like I was important too. So this year I decided to remind myself that I matter again. I have birthday money in my pocket thanks to my mom & dad and I am going to spend it on myself they way I want to!! smile emoticon

    Shica Robinson Bowen Amen!

    Connie Meeks Happy birthday to one of the best people on this Earth! This world is better because of you, BJ! Love you!!

    Jean Bower Glad you're enjoying it! Happy birthday to you!

    Jo Kelchner Happy Barbara Day! You are a special friend. I hope your day is filled with much love and laughter.

    Kelly Wood Reichard Awesome outlook. Happy Birthday!!

    Ruth Hughes Hoffman Happy Birthday, Super
    Mama! Hope your day is super special.

    Amy Halpin Schwartz Happy birthday! I love that you do this!!

    Tom-Colette Mozingo Happy, happy birthday, precious friend! Hope you get all you want and more, just not Garren's cold wink emoticon much love from the Mozingos! heart emoticon

    Erica Gatti Good for you! Happy birthday!!!!

    Heather Halpin Perez Good for you to have a day for you! Happy birthday dear BJ!

    Sunshine Gidley No mommy or wife more deserving. So good to see your birthday smile!

    ReplyDelete

Iklan Atas Artikel

Iklan Tengah Artikel 1

Iklan Tengah Artikel 2

Iklan Bawah Artikel