Thomas Gets His Bible


So, another big Sunday for Thomas.

All 1st graders were presented with a Bible from the church today.  Thomas stood proudly with his friends at the front of the church and received his Bible from Shady Grove United Methodist Church--presented by mommy & daddy.


What a neat idea. I love the pomp & circumstance of Methodists. I love the ceremonies, making moments into big deals. And, I love that I can pass off my camera and capture it all!! (Thank you Nikki!!)

This was a moment just for moms, dads & first graders, but Gracie was more than happy to sit back and watch. And, she was proud to video the moment for mommy.

I feel terrible that we moved to Mechanicsville weeks before Gracie started first grade, and we weren't fully involved in the church until the following Easter--so she missed out on this opportunity.  (And, honestly, with my shy violet, I guess it is more like mama missed out on this moment) But, there will be more "moments" to be had for all three kids.


The ceremony was short, and I am so unhappy with how I look in the video, but I am 6.5 months pregnant and fighting a cold--so I cold look worse.



But, I am sharing it, because it is hard to hide this proud mama beaming as my child officially receives his church Bible. He has several Bibles in his room--but this is a big deal, and a big moment that his father and I were only too proud to share with him.


 Train a child in the way he should go, and when he is old he will not depart from it.
--Proverbs 22:6


4 Responses to "Thomas Gets His Bible"

  1. Grandma9:36 PM

    Awesome! Congratulations to you Thomas, and to all of your family. Grandpa and Grandma are so proud that you are growing as a child of God. We love you!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Michael Turndrip9:25 AM

    Sweet congratulations Thomas

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mrs. Jo9:25 AM

    I cried when he hugged you. What a precious child of God.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Colette & Tom9:26 AM

    You are "training" up your children... What a blessing to watch from the sidelines, cheering (heart emoticon).

    ReplyDelete

Iklan Atas Artikel

Iklan Tengah Artikel 1

Iklan Tengah Artikel 2

Iklan Bawah Artikel