Working Mom?

I wonder if I worked...

Would I get more respect from my children if I got a paycheck?

Would I be expected to do less household chores or receive more help if I got a shower and put on nice clothes and fixed my hair 5 mornings a week?

Would they realize how much I loved them and how good they had it if they had to spend the afternoons at day care? 

Would the looks and conversations with and from strangers in the store be better and laced with more expectation of my background?

Would people be less likely to wonder if I finished high school or if I went to college or if I got pregnant before marriage?

Would school and church leaders be more impressed and less expectant of volunteer activities? 

Would new acquaintances be more impressed with my decision to balance a career and family?

Would I be looked at by others in a better light? Would that make me look at myself and be proud?

I don’t know. But I know I would miss all the things that made me CHOOSE to stay at home and raise my children. Because my frustration and self doubt are just as fleeting as my children’s youth. 


1 Response to "Working Mom?"

  1. You would rush home and rush to get everything done just to get your kids to bed. I'm home most days around 4 or 4:30, and J goes to bed at 8. It's so hard to cram everything we need and want to do in those few hours! Enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete

Iklan Atas Artikel

Iklan Tengah Artikel 1

Iklan Tengah Artikel 2

Iklan Bawah Artikel