Perfect Day


Today was an absolutely beautiful day here in Strasburg. The sun was warm and it was about 70 degrees outside. After Gracie's nap, I decided that we could not waste this perfect day. I gathered up the diaper bag and Gracie and we headed to the park. A few minutes after we arrived, every other mom in Strasburg got the same idea. There were about 20 or so little kids, most of them boys, in shorts and t-shirts running around trying to savor what was left of fall.

Gracie had a great time. She's much more independent now that she is more sure of herself, and she ran around the park and climbed on things- occasionally asking for help. She especially enjoyed the swing.

After an hour or so at the park, I wasn't ready to go home yet, so we stopped by my favorite second hand store and looked through the books. Gracie got 5 books and a puzzle for $2.32. (I am good aren't I!) Then we stopped by to see Daddy at work. His co-workers "ohhh-"ed and "ahhh"-ed over her and she showed Daddy her finds from the store. Still not wanting to go back inside, I took Gracie to Food Lion to get a few things that probably could have waited--but it was such a nice day!

There weren't enough warm sunny days this fall, well here anyway. It seemed like it rained too much or it was too cold to take Gracie out. I am glad that mother nature gave Gracie and I one more day in the sun before we have to cower back in our little apartment for the winter.

1 Response to "Perfect Day"

  1. Anonymous2:55 PM

    Gracie:
    I just finished reading your blog. Thank you for letting Grandpa and I know what you are doing since we can not be with you all the time, as we would like to. You are very special to us. We miss you very much and can hardly wait to see you for Thanksgiving. We love you and hope to see you very soon. Hugs and kisses !!!

    ReplyDelete

Iklan Atas Artikel

Iklan Tengah Artikel 1

Iklan Tengah Artikel 2

Iklan Bawah Artikel