She Can't Get Any Bigger, Can She?

The summer isn't over yet, and I have already made a raid on Gracie's closet. Last week when I was trying to get her dressed for the day, I think I went through three things that didn't fit anymore before settling on a 6X dress hanging in her closet.

Now, I have told you the saga before about what it is like for a mother to go through her child's clothes and pack them away. What made it even harder today was that there were several things she had never worn, and many more that she had only worn once or twice.

The problem isn't just with Gracie's spurts of growth--she is a happy, very healthy child and we are so thankful for that! But, the growths seem to come at smaller and smaller intervals. She basically skipped 4T all together. She was in 3T for several months, and then out of no where she couldn't fit in to 3 or 4T clothes! And now, we find that some of her 5T clothes are too snug or too short! I am all for her growing up big and strong--but come on-- she's not even 2 and a half yet!

I blogged a few weeks back that Gracie was in the 99th percentile for height--I was wrong. I looked at the chart incorrectly. She is "off" the chart for her age. She is several pegs above the 99th percentile in both height and weight. Looking again (and correctly) Gracie is in the 95-99th percentiles for a 36 month old.

I doubt she will break any records at 27 months being 40.5 inches tall, and 36 pounds--but I am really running out of cute clothes! :)

Now before Grandma and Grandpa get any ideas, you'll see in the above picture that Gracie still has plenty of clothes. I took the picture so you can see the huge pile of clothes that I had to pack up, and how difficult it is to part with your child's favorite outfits. What's worse--around late September I will have to pack up all the summer clothes because it will be too cold. Of course, then I get to go shopping again. :)

**I think this picture also makes my point about how little space we have in this apartment, though I am a wiz at organization--our vaccum cleaner & ironing board are in Gracie's closet...I rest my case!**

1 Response to "She Can't Get Any Bigger, Can She?"

  1. Anonymous9:05 AM

    Hey Gracie, It looks like Grandma needs to get busy using the sewing machine again. Also, don't worry, Grandpa and I will take you shopping whether Mommy and Daddy think you "need" things or not!

    ReplyDelete

Iklan Atas Artikel

Iklan Tengah Artikel 1

Iklan Tengah Artikel 2

Iklan Bawah Artikel