Pocket Full Of Hugs


I got the cutest idea on Tuesday. I wanted take all of the hugs Gracie had received and let her keep them close. (By the way thank you so much to everyone who sent hugs, Gracie loved having me reading and giving her a physical hug for every person you listed. She wanted to do it over and over again!)

Since all of you "sent" her hugs from where you lived I made "postcards" out of material and sewed them to a canvas bag. I addressed each one and added a stamp that I printed from the computer and sewed on. I added a few extras like a butterfly I had cross stitched when I was in high school and flowers that Lou had embroidered.

The picture above is from the front of the bag, I still have three more "hugs" to add to the back. It took me 2 days to sew all of these on, and I couldn't wait to share. There will also be more room to add additional hugs.

Thank you again for loving Gracie so much!

You can click on the picture to enlarge and see all the details. I hope to finish the bag while the girls are down for a nap, I will post the other side when I finish it.

2 Responses to "Pocket Full Of Hugs"

  1. Anonymous4:47 PM

    Very cute Martha Stewart! I can't sew a button on. I'm jealous.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous6:22 PM

    I Love the "bag of hugs". Great idea! You did a good job. I think now, every time you read each "hug note" to Gracie, you should give her a kiss and a hug for each "x" and "o" on the notes. Love to all.

    ReplyDelete

Iklan Atas Artikel

Iklan Tengah Artikel 1

Iklan Tengah Artikel 2

Iklan Bawah Artikel