Thursday, September 13, 2007

The Beach, Day 2


What a beautiful day!

Garren got good sleep, Gracie went to sleep far too late, and I barely got any sleep at all; but a very loud F/A-18 Super Hornet woke all of us up at 8am this morning as it flew over head. These planes have been buzzing overhead since we got here; about every half hour or so.

Gracie woke up raring to go, and after a quick breakfast we headed out. We found a playground on the beach last night during a refreshing walk along the boardwalk, and that was all Gracie had on her mind. Gracie had a good time climbing and sliding with the other kids. She even climbed the climbing wall all by herself. Did I mention that the large playground was actually on the sand?!

After about a half hour she was ready to cool off in the water. We headed back down the beach to find a spot in front of the hotel (so, when we are exhausted we won't have far to go).

Gracie's bravery was up today as we jumped the waves and waded pretty far out. We had a great time in the water and making sand birthday cakes on the shore.

We hadn't expected it to be quite so warm, but the sun was definately hot out today and the water was pretty warm. We picked a great time to go!!!

Around 12:30 we headed back to the hotel and had some lunch. We also had a nap! Gracie slept about an hour, and I got about 45 minutes.

She was ready to go again. We took another walk along the "main drag" where all the shops are. I got a few postcards and some Salt Water Taffy. You could tell poor Gracie was still exhausted as she barely kept up.

We decided to splurge on dinner (I brought all of our food to save money) at Pizza Hut. After a nice pizza we went to play mini golf! This was one of the things I had planned on doing with Gracie. Thanks to Sara's suggestion we went to Jungle Golf and had a great time.


Gracie was visibly tired, and an over-competitive daddy was getting frustrated at Cheater-Gracie who kept picking up her ball and dropping it in the hole. But, we had some good family time together (for $18!!!!!)

After golf a weary Shipley family was ready for home; well, after a stop to the candy store first.

We are having a blast at the ocean, and tomorrow we plan to spend as much time in the water and sand as possible. They are calling for a 30 percent chance of showers tomorrow, and 70 percent chance on Saturday. Good thing we are going to the Aquarium Saturday.

Goodnight from the beach!

2 comments:

Candice said...

I'm glad to hear you all are having a good time! Tell Gracie to find me a really pretty seashell. Have fun!

Grandma said...

Grandpa and I are so glad you are having so much fun at the beach! Grandma loves the beach almost as much as she loves Gracie and Mariah. Keep on having a terrific time and don't worry about Daddy, boys will always pout when they don't get their way. Mama worked very hard, long hours so you could go to the beach. Enjoy every minute! While you are looking for a shell for Candice, could you find one for me? Love you!