Another Step Closer


Well, it has taken me nearly a year; but I am finally on my way to getting Gracie's big girl room the way I had imagined it.

This week I found the gingham material I wanted at Wal Mart on clearance for $1 a yard. I bought all they had of the prettiest blue and yellow. I decided to be bold and make a yellow comforter, and thanks to my unsureness of how much I would need--she ended up with matching curtains!

I made the bedspread from an old blanket and worn sheet and this sunny material. I didn't know I had it in me--but I made that--all by myself. It looks great don't you think?! When I saw how much material was left over I crossed my fingers, and sure enough I thought it would be long enough to cover our enormously long windows.

This weekend I hope to make 4 shams for 4 pillows I plan to buy (also this weekend). The one one the bed is the sham I made way earlier this year, so I know I can do it. Look at the darker blue gingham I used as tie backs for the curtains. That is the color I bought for the shams.

Gracie loves her new comforter and she was enthralled watching me measure and pin and cut and painstakingly feed through the machine.

Can you tell how proud I am of myself. There may even be enough yellow left over for a jumper! After the shams I may make that my next project!

4 Responses to "Another Step Closer"

  1. Anonymous1:27 PM

    Wow, you did a great job! I knew you could do it. The room really does look nice. Of course the bedspread, pillow, and curtains add a nice touch. You are so talented. I'm glad Gracie got to see your work in progress. Keep us posted on the pillow project.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous6:19 PM

    I love gingham! It looks great to me. I just wish I could sew. I suppose I'll just stick to cooking, and I'm guessing that Elliott would like that better too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gingham is my all time favorite and I think it gives her barnyard room a country feel! I am sure you would be a great seamstress Candice, but I am I bet Elliott loves that you are an extraordinary cook. Plus, it is less noisy--Garren left his HDTV for the bedroom as I worked on the shams tonight (Sat). They are finished, but I think it gave him quite the headache. No pain--no gain! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous3:20 PM

    You did a wonderful job. I am sure Gracie is proud of her new bedding & of her mommy for making it for her. :)

    ReplyDelete

Iklan Atas Artikel

Iklan Tengah Artikel 1

Iklan Tengah Artikel 2

Iklan Bawah Artikel