New Favorite Toy!


I found one the cutest toys ever today--guess where?!

A thrift store.

Oh come on, you had to see that coming!

Gracie and I negotiated one thrift store stop today during other errands and stops around Winchester with Daddy today. I found tons of other bargains like pillows for $2 each for Gracie's bedroom...a new sheet set also for her bed $5. We got those deals at Gabriel Brothers. We also went to Costco, Wal-mart and the library. But, I was able to squeeze in a trip to Goodwill. Daddy of course stayed in the car.

At first, Gracie and I found a huge stack of super nice books that we didn't have. We found no new dresses; but when we got to the toy isle my eyes bugged out when I found this Playskool sewing machine shoved to the back of a shelf. It is a toy machine and I payed a lot more for it than I would ordinarily pay for a toy. It was $4, but I had to have it!!!

When I got home I pulled it out of the box to find it was made in 1989, and it had all of it's peices. I made a quick trip to Dollar General for some $1 "C" batteries and Gracie and I tried it out.

It is a super cute idea. You see the things that look like spools of thread on top? Under the "spools" is a colored marker of sorts. You place the marker you want and snap in the "bobbin" design you want, press the pink pad and it makes colorful design stitches.

I found some scrap material and Gracie "sewed" for over and hour until bedtime. I looked on Ebay and other places, but no refills are anywhere to be found. But, I am thinking that if I can find markers about that width, we can use it for a very long time.

Anyway, this near the top of my list of "Coolest Toys Ever!" The Fisher Price stage is still my all time favorite.

1 Response to "New Favorite Toy!"

  1. Anonymous2:36 PM

    Gracie,
    Your "machine" sounds really cool! Maybe you could let me play with it sometime. I would love for you to show me how to use it. We could make something together! Hope to see you soon. Love Ya!

    ReplyDelete

Iklan Atas Artikel

Iklan Tengah Artikel 1

Iklan Tengah Artikel 2

Iklan Bawah Artikel