Woah!

Strasburg is under a wind warning--and they aren't kidding. I videoed the view from the deck around 3:00 this afternoon. The wind has been fierce since yesterday, but today it is louder, colder and spitting snow!

The video doesn't do the weather justice, but give a listen!




I haven't done much blogging in the later part of last week. I am fighting a nasty cold. I am feeling better, but I am still weak and dizzy and such. I hope it goes away quickly, we have too many things planned for this week.

What you missed (don't get too excited)

Wednesday, my friend Shannon had her second baby in Ohio. Claire Addison McCarthy. Very cute.

Thursday was a school day, and I think I gave you all of the details I was given.

Friday; Gracie and I play a game she learned at school "hearts a flutter." We cut out paper hearts and flew them in to the air via a table cloth. They use a sheet at school. We also made a Valentine's box for the house. I found this great idea that helps family members put in positive notes for each other the week before Valentine's Day, and then you empty the box over a family dinner. Gracie loved decorating the box, but mostly she has drawn pictures and tossed them in. So, I think we will wait a few years for this idea. But, I passed it on to my friend Amy who has 4 boys--maybe they can get a good family moment out of it! :)

Saturday: we went to the library and to Costco. Yeah, that was it. Then Daddy settled in for the Bud Shootout. He told Gracie that Aunt Heather was there. She got confused and kept looking for her, and later asked "which car is she in?" We had pizza brought in and we all tried to rest.

So, that wraps up our week. I think there will be more excitement this coming week. Gracie has her Valentine's Party at school, so we have valentines to make and I need to finish the dress Grandma started. So, lots of good stuff. Did I mention Valentine's is my FAVORITE holiday? If you want to send Gracie a Valentine E-card there are links on the left hand side of the page.

2 Responses to "Woah!"

  1. I hope you feel better... it is the worst to be sick and still put on a happy face and keep kids busy... happy healing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous11:34 AM

    I am glad you are feeling better.Although I know how hard it can be, try not to push yourself too much. The wind here has been a little rough too. We regained power around 9:30 pm Sunday. The internet is just now up. There are several fires still going strong in our area. Today the wind has calmed, but still blowing. The temperature has made it up to 32. I'm hoping winter will be over soon! Take care of yourself!

    ReplyDelete

Iklan Atas Artikel

Iklan Tengah Artikel 1

Iklan Tengah Artikel 2

Iklan Bawah Artikel