Return From Candyland


That's kind of how it looks at Grandma's house. It is this mystical place full of rainbows and lollipops and the rest of the world is just ordinary and sugar-free.

At Grandma's house there is no bedtime, endless trips to Walgreens, pancakes with more whipped cream than butter, ice cream with every meal, endless pretend play, and special treats as far as the eye can see.

Gracie and I are back from our 7 day trek through the candy cane forest and have actually unpacked here plain-'ole-mommy and daddy-house.

I apologize to my loyal readers for the lack of blogging, as Grandma's computer needed some doctoring.

Well, what did we do besides Walgreens and ice cream? Well...mommy made a cake for Uncle Brian's surprise wedding (that we found about about 5 days prior), we met his new wife, Aunt Dawn and had lunch with her, we got 6 pairs of knee socks for school (Target was the correct answer), a new pair of school shoes, we thrift shopped, we played in the pool, made a huge mess...oh, and did I mention meeting Aunt Dawn's 4 of 6 kids? Whew--what a week! Now, you can see why I didn't have much time to blog. :)

2 Responses to "Return From Candyland"

  1. Anonymous8:42 PM

    Hey Gracie! I'm glad you are back, and I look forward to Mommy telling me about all the fun things that you all do together. Wish me luck...tomorrow is my first day of school! I have 36 bright-eyed fourth graders waiting to meet me. Bless their little hearts!!

    I like Walgreens too! We are getting a new one right up the road from my house. It opens this Friday, Aug.15th!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Holy cow! A new aunt and a wedding cake! That's pretty exciting! Congrats to Brian!

    ReplyDelete

Iklan Atas Artikel

Iklan Tengah Artikel 1

Iklan Tengah Artikel 2

Iklan Bawah Artikel