Gracie

Today in school the theme was about how special the children's names are. Of course you know I think the name Gracie is special, because the most precious thing in my life has that name. Gracie wasn't named after anyone, although she has a great, great Aunt who was named Grace...I just wanted a "Gracie" so badly. So, Garren and I negotiated and came up with Tabitha Grace. I like Tabitha as well.

Tabitha means "gazelle" in Aramaic. Tabitha in the New Testament was a woman restored to life by Saint Peter. Her name is translated into Greek as Dorcas (see Acts 9:36). As an English name, Tabitha became common after the Protestant Reformation.

Grace means goodwill or Grace of God.To Christians, grace means free salvation from God. In Greek mythology, the three Graces were goddesses of charm, beauty, fertility, nature and creativity - they were normally Aglaia, Thalia and Euphrosyne.


Gracie wore a dress that I fell in love with at a consignment shop in Lynchburg. Since I wouldn't pay $8 for a dress, Grandma stepped in an insisted on getting it. I also let her wear her name pin. That pin came from Lou who saved it from her sister's things. I also have a handkerchief with a "G" on it that came from Lou as well. It is a special pin, and so is her name, so I let her show it off today.

Each child got to decorate a piece of paper with their name on it, and apparently they did a name game. I was fuzzy on the details, but I am guessing each child said their name in a funny way.

Snack today was cheese balls with grape drink. They heard a story, and she couldn't remember who she played with since she played with so many friends.

**Is this not the best picture!! I love it! It was a little chilly here today so she had to wear a sweater to and from school. I sat her down on the stone wall and snapped a picture and it is quickly becoming my favorite!!***

1 Response to "Gracie"

  1. Anonymous8:12 PM

    You have such a beautiful name, Gracie! I love your pin that you wore today.

    ReplyDelete

Iklan Atas Artikel

Iklan Tengah Artikel 1

Iklan Tengah Artikel 2

Iklan Bawah Artikel