Gracie's First Real Birthday Party

Well, all of her parties have been real, but this was the first one with friends her own age. I should say it was "surreal!"

10 kids from Gracie's class joined us upstairs for her party. I was so glad that I brought activities! These rambunctious preschoolers were full of sugar and energy. I took Gracie's 2 fishing games, beads and ribbon to make necklaces, and I got wooden fish cutouts to color.

The kids kept themselves pretty busy with the activities and I went around and helped with tying ribbons and encouraging the game goers.

After a while we asked if they wanted pizza. Needless to say we had to wait 10 more minutes for them to finish playing, then they lined up and dug in.

When the pizza was given out and plenty of mess was made (including 2 spilled drinks), we gathered around the cupcakes for the birthday song. It is breaking my heart that this is the first year I haven't made Gracie's cake, but I have to admit some of my limitations. I have been doing way too much these past few weeks, but I knew there was no way I could get a cake done and decorated. But, Gracie seemed thrilled with her Ariel cupcakes despite my disappointment.

The kids sang again and each grabbed a cupcake, and later got ice cream cups.

This is when I lost the group. One or a few grabbed fallen balloons used for decorations and started the chase. I am not sure how it happened but there were 11 preschoolers chasing one or two kids around and around that fellowship hall squealing and laughing. I stood and watched unsure of what to do. But, their parents were there, and they weren't hurting anything or anybody. And, as one mom pointed out--it wore them out for nap time!

I managed to rangle the kids with the promise of present time. Gracie was the most excited about this.

Now the sugar and the excitement is at an all time high at this point, and the oddest thing happened. Before I could stop it the fastest most frenzied present opening race ever took place! It was all I could do to get the presents back in the bags so I could tell who gave her what for thank you notes! These little girls were gathered around Gracie and I am not sure there was any oxygen! They kept shoving gifts at her and talking and she was ripping through them and I was trying to catch them! It was all over in literally 5 minutes!

Then, they were off again! They found more balloons and I blew up some more so everyone could have one and they went chasing again!

Several moms laughed (at me I think!) and asked me if I was glad that I didn't do this at my house. I want to thank Candice again for the idea to use the church. Can you imagine if we had met at the pizza parlor like orginially planned!!!

Gracie had fun, but I think this might be the last of her kid parties for a while! Whew! I thought I knew what exhaustion was like, but not until today. Of course she wanted to play with her gifts and was way too excited to sleep--but I am so sleeping tonight!!!

Tomorrow, more birthday fun as Grandma and Grandpa come in for their weekend with her, just the 3 of them.

1 Response to "Gracie's First Real Birthday Party"

  1. Anonymous8:41 PM

    Gracie, I'm so glad that your party was soooo much fun. You got a light bright! I always loved those things when I was a kid. I'm sure you are enjoying all of your new toys.

    ReplyDelete

Iklan Atas Artikel

Iklan Tengah Artikel 1

Iklan Tengah Artikel 2

Iklan Bawah Artikel