Mother's Day Tea

What a proud mommy I was today...and what a big baby too!

I can admit it, I teared up as my daughter and her classmates sang a song to us mothers as we sat at very nicely done tables in the church fellowship hall this morning.

Trying not to cry, and trying to wipe the tears was very hard to do as I grinned from ear to ear and watched Gracie belt it out, and hold the digital camera in one hand on video.

The song was short, but too cute. They were dismissed and sent to sit beside their moms. Gracie hugged and kissed me so many times and then gave me the brown paper bag that said "Gracie's Mommy" on it. She looked so proud as I opened the foam craft she had made for me at school earlier in the week.

I gave her more hugs and kisses, hoping she wouldn't ask why I was crying.

Ms. Julie stepped up to the front of the room and started a list of what each child had said to the question "why do you love your mommy?" Some of the answers were hilarious, some were sweet--and Gracie's was, well Gracie:




We had a nice brunch of veggies and dip, sandwiches, chicken fingers, chips and even cookies.

This was such a special little event, and I enjoyed every minute. I didn't take nearly as many pictures as I would have liked, but I got quite a few.

I have learned that I love being a mommy even more than I did yesterday...and, I am never going to make it through graduation. Forget the mascara, and pack extra tissues, there is NO way I will make it dry eyed, and I may need a sedative!

As for my other dumpling, Colette and Mallory enjoyed his company this morning so I could focus solely on my Gracie for her special time with mommy.

You can see the other pictures I got in her preschool folder on Picasa, start here.

1 Response to "Mother's Day Tea"

  1. Candice4:13 PM

    Guess the bad day was worth it for that bubble bath!!!

    ReplyDelete

Iklan Atas Artikel

Iklan Tengah Artikel 1

Iklan Tengah Artikel 2

Iklan Bawah Artikel