Gracie Back In The Papers


From email sent 10/12/07:

I know all of you get tired of hearing me brag...but she's my baby and I can't help it. Things here at the Shipley house are going well. Gracie loves school and is so excited about getting to continue with Tumble Tots (3 year old gymnastics).

I haven't gotten a progress report from school, and I am not sure if they even send those out in preschool, but everyday (so far) she has gotten a smiley face on her thumb. Which, of course means she was good. She is learning much needed social skills, and they come up with the cutest things to do. I blog of course about everything. I have even scanned in some of her crafts.

I know, I know...I am a cheesy mommy. But, I love my life and I couldn't imagine anything better.

The big news this morning, well it's big news in my small world, Gracie is going to be featured in an ad for Garren's newspaper. The Daily is hosting its annual book drive, and they were looking for pictures of employee's children to use. You can imagine how excited I was when Garren showed me the email! Gracie and I set to work with a home photo session. He must have really liked my photo, because not only is she going to be in the ad for 3 days out of 10 or more (their will be other employee kids who get days too), she will be in the huge ad that runs on October 20th. Garren says it will be in a "wrapper" around the coupons.

I just had to share. I took the above picture in her room. I thought it would be cute to set up her friends to hear her story. When the paper comes out on the 20th, I will scan in the whole ad.

In the meantime we are enjoying our fall. Garren is super busy with election season, but we have still found time for fun. We visited Grandma and Grandpa last weekend and went to some fall fairs and their version of a pumpkin patch. We will probably go to our pumpkin patch this weekend (its at a real farm).

Let us know how you are doing!
Have a Happy Fall,

Barbara, Garren & Gracie
http://allaboutgracie.blogspot.com

Gracie Pictures

13 Responses to "Gracie Back In The Papers"

  1. Anonymous7:33 PM

    AWESOME!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous7:34 PM

    Your picture is so adorable. I can't wait to see it as an ad. :~)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous7:34 PM

    dear all,
    this girl is really growing up!! even though she does not know me, please tell her how proud her lynchburg friends are to hear about her and the progress she is making. great job!!! love, jane

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous7:34 PM

    Thanks...she is so cute !!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous7:35 PM

    Hooray for our star!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! What a doll baby!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous6:51 AM

    What a beautiful picture! I don't think you are a cheesy mom at all.... I am the same way.

    Hugs
    rach

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous6:05 PM

    Oh, this photo is PRICELESS! Call the agents now...you've got a child model on your hands! :)

    Heather :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Anonymous6:05 PM

    Awesome picture of gracing reading! I feel the magic. She is so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Anonymous1:03 PM

    Wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Anonymous1:03 PM

    Congratulations Gracie. You make a great model.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Anonymous1:04 PM

    This picture has to be the most precious picture ever. She looks so cute. Congratulations on the ad.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Anonymous1:17 PM

    I love this picture. It's so cute! I'm sure Gracie will love seeing her picture in the paper.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Anonymous12:57 PM

    thanks for sending us the information and, it is no surprise to us that Gracie has been chosen to be in the paper. All you have to do is to look at her picture and it is obvious...naturally you already understand that.:)

    ReplyDelete

Iklan Atas Artikel

Iklan Tengah Artikel 1

Iklan Tengah Artikel 2

Iklan Bawah Artikel