Blessed Day


Our baby boy already blessed our lives, and today we got to officially "bless" his.

I grinned so hard this morning that my cheeks actually hurt. I was smiling from the love shown by our family who came so far to see this blessed event, and from the motherly pride that came with holding my boy in the front of the church, and from the love you could actually feel from all of those wonderful people who sat in the congregation this morning.

I am amazed that we made to church on time, since I can barely get myself and my three "children" dressed and out of the house on time each Sunday morning. But, surprisingly we were able to get 6 kids, 4 adults and a baby fed, cleaned up, and all dressed for church and in cars at the time we had planned on!

Of course I spent most of the morning running around like a crazy person trying to make everything perfect (as I tend do in these sort of situations). But, I breathed when we got to the church where Grandma and Grandpa met us, and filled up 2 pews!

They put Thomas' baptism at the beginning of the service, so the kids didn't have to wait too long (you know how it can be when you are young and have to sit still).

His service was beautiful and the whole family was invited to come up to the front of the church.

Garren and I (and the family) vowed to raise our son in love and faith. Reverend Ed took a very awake and curious Thomas in his arms. And then the crying started. He started to pour water on his head from his hand and I snuck my hand underneath and stuck in the binki. That worked and the rest of the service went off without a hitch. After the baptism the minister walked Thomas through the congratation for everyone to see him up close. And while he did this they sang a song. I could barely hold back the tears as I heard "Thomas, Thomas God Claims You..." They sang him his own song and I felt so warm and happy.

At the end of the baptsm we were given the candle they lit for him and a certificate, and it took a few minutes to get everyone back in their seats.

Today the church started a Wee Worship service for the kids, and Gracie went with Mark and Matthew upstairs for it. I am so grateful that this happened the same Sunday, becuase now that she has gone she will likely go again and again, and I would have had a hard time getting her to go. Score one more for the "cousits."

After the service we got the kids (and bribed Garren) to take some family pictures and we headed home for a little party.

This was such a special day in our lives and I am so thrilled to have been able to share it with family. Not just bilogical and technical family, but the amazing church family and friends that we include as our family.

I am not sure how, but only one camera made it in the church and I was thrilled to see Brian pull it out of his pocket while he was upfront with us. He captured some amazing pictures of Thomas' baptism and I am so lucky to have them! You can find more pictures from today in this picasa folder.

Thomas' Hymn

Thomas, Thomas, God claims you,
God helps you, protects you, and loves you too.

We this day do all agree a child of God you’ll always be.
Thomas, Thomas, God claims you,
God helps you, protects you, and loves you too.

We your family love you so, we vow to help your faith to grow.
Thomas, Thomas, God claims you,
God helps you, protects you, and loves you too.

We are here to say this day that we will help you on your way.
Thomas, Thomas, God claims you,
God helps you, protects you, and loves you too.

And if you should tire or cry then we will sing this lullabye.

5 Responses to "Blessed Day"

  1. Shannon9:19 PM

    (FB) Yippeeeeee for Thomas! I am sure you have a billion pics to share!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mamaw9:19 PM

    (FB) Blessings to Thomas: We love you and miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sharon G.9:19 PM

    (FB) What a blessing! Congratulations to your family!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Rev. Ed9:20 PM

    (FB) Beautiful baby and smiling family. Can't say much for the preacher.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Heather H.P.3:46 PM

    These are so beautiful...and it looks like he held the tears.

    ReplyDelete

Iklan Atas Artikel

Iklan Tengah Artikel 1

Iklan Tengah Artikel 2

Iklan Bawah Artikel