This Too Shall Pass

A woman who was also shopping in my favorite thrift store this afternoon, apparently got quite a kick out of listening to my 5 year old. Anyone who knows Gracie at all, or has spent more than an hour with her knows that she doesn't stop talking. This little body has the biggest mouth and it goes from the time she wakes up until the time she goes to bed. She says everything that pops in her mind, and asks a million questions.

So, this very nice lady comes up to me with this huge smile and tells me that she remembers those days. I blushed and said that she never stops. She had been rambling on and on about all of us starting a rock band. She had picked out a pretend guitar for her treat from the store and was talking a mile a minute about it while I searched through baby clothes.

The woman went on to tell me that it gets better and if it was any consolation it was a sign of high intelligence. I smiled and joked that I hoped something good came of it. She told me her daughter was the same way asking questions and never stopped talking. She is grown now and graduated as valedictorian of her high school class. She also said her husband could barely stand it and would beg her to send her somewhere else. I smiled knowingly, and Gracie kept on talking to me unaware of the woman who talked softly so as not to hurt her feelings. She walked away still smiling.

I had to smile too. While Gracie can gab, and gab, and it can wear on the nerves; I don't know what I would do without it. We talk about everything and she and I both learn so much from each other. And, I know there will likely be a day when she won't want to talk to her mom anymore. So, I think I will enjoy it while it lasts. Although, if she got laryngitis for just 24 hours I wouldn't complain! :)

1 Response to "This Too Shall Pass"

Iklan Atas Artikel

Iklan Tengah Artikel 1

Iklan Tengah Artikel 2

Iklan Bawah Artikel