One Flew Over The Cuckoo's Crib


We were just waiting for it to happen.

There is nothing like the horror you feel when you hear a loud "thud," a pause, and the crying screams from your baby.

I have to remind myself that I am not a bad mother, and likely all of them have heard that awful sound and go rushing in to the rescue.

My son had apparently decided he didn't want to take a morning nap. He tried to climb out of his crib. Of course the only place he got to go, was the floor beside the crib.

I have no idea what went through his mind, and I probably never will.

It is unlikely that he fell out since the rails are still pretty high on his body when he stands. So, I am pretty sure he decided to go "over the wall"

Time to lower the floor of the crib.

But, you mark my words. When a child is that determined to get out, a few inches won't stop him!

1 Response to "One Flew Over The Cuckoo's Crib"

  1. Grandma10:55 AM

    Yes, he IS related to "Uncle Brian".
    Hopefully, it scared him enough that he won't try it again any time soon. However, I suggest not only lowering the crib mattress, but placing pillows or blankets on the floor. From past experience, cushioning seems to help (for your piece of mind). He will probably roll off of the pillows once he hits, but it will not hurt as bad. Later you may have to remove the pillows so he learns "it really does hurt when you climb out of bed and hit the floor". :)

    ReplyDelete

Iklan Atas Artikel

Iklan Tengah Artikel 1

Iklan Tengah Artikel 2

Iklan Bawah Artikel