Best Friends Forever


I thought the picture above speaks louder than words to describe this day!

You can not imagine the excitement my Gracie felt when I told her that her bestest friend Rebecca was coming to her house today.

Rebecca's mom and I planned this over a week ago.

She was taking Rebecca to Kings Dominion for her birthday, and since we were so close, she was going to bring Rebecca over.

I decided it would be wise to wait until the last possible minute to tell Gracie. Especially since they weren't coming to our new house until their last day of their vacation.

You wouldn't have thought so much as moment had passed since these two girls had last seen each other. But, I guess that is what it is like with real friends (yes, I heard you Ruth!).

Rebecca brought Gracie the prettiest stuffed horse with a purple bow (for Strasburg of course), and a set of best friend necklaces!

Gracie didn't quite get the concept of it, and I told her how my best friend Helen and I had those when we were in school.

Of course hers and Rebecca's necklaces have pink on them which is much better I am sure.

The day was wonderful and the girls played and played in the play room and Gracie's room and outside and everywhere in between.

Once Thomas was up from his nap we went to lunch and they were just as tight there.

They ordered the same lunch and colored together, and then told secrets! It brought tears of joy to watch my daughter and her best friend play and share.


After lunch we took the girls to Gracie's new school and they played for a while on the playground. But good Lord was it hot! So, we didn't stay long.

We came back to the house and the girls got to play some more before the inevitable heartache began....Rebecca had to go home.

I have to say I was rather impressed that Gracie didn't completely lose it. She was VERY sad to see her go and begged and begged me to let her come back again. And Rebecca even asked her mom if they could come to visit every Friday!

But, what a wonderful day for two very special friends. I still get so happy and smiley thinking about their reunion.

1 Response to "Best Friends Forever"

  1. Aunt Ruth9:41 PM

    Now THAT's a best buddy! You can see it all over their faces! What a special day!

    ReplyDelete

Iklan Atas Artikel

Iklan Tengah Artikel 1

Iklan Tengah Artikel 2

Iklan Bawah Artikel