Rough School Week

I would love to report back to you that this week was a better one at school for Gracie, but that would be far from the truth. In fact, I am pretty sure it got worse.

I am not going to continue to blog about every little issue that comes up--because it won't do any good, and I am just too frustrated over it.

Back to School Night is next week and I plan to have a rather long list of questions that I want answered. I am hoping that this will give me an opportunity to find out more of what is going on during the day, and to attempt to understand the thoughts behind the actions from teachers and staff.

In the meantime, I really appreciate all of those suggestions and words of encouragement from those of you on Facebook and else where. I find myself at the end of "my rope," and I just want to pack her and the rest of us up and go home! But, we are here now, and I have to find some more "rope," becuase my daughter is not, and can not, get a quality education with the chaos that she is telling us about.

Plan A was emailing her teacher--fail.

Plan B getting advice from friends and other parents--helpful for me, but not for her

Plan C calling Karen (first grade teacher from home) in tears hoping she could help. Again, she helped me, and talked to Gracie, and reminded me that this kind of atmosphere isn't at Sandy Hook! But, it doesn't solve the problem at school.

Plan D getting some serious answers from school

Plan E going to school and "volunteering" so I can see for myself.

Garren's Plan: look into private school.

While most parents would skip many of these steps and take out loans for private school, I would rather work with this new school and attempt a solution that isn't so drastic.

...but don't think I won't if I have too!

1 Response to "Rough School Week"

  1. Candice11:17 AM

    I really think that you should call or email and schedule an appointment for a parent/teacher conference. Back to school night will most likely be crowded, and you won't get the one-on-one time to discuss matters with the teacher. It sounds like open house at my school, and it's so difficult to have an in depth discussion with a parent with others "buzzing" around the room and such. You need a scheduled time where you can take your list of questions and concerns and address each one in depth. Trust me on this one.

    ReplyDelete

Iklan Atas Artikel

Iklan Tengah Artikel 1

Iklan Tengah Artikel 2

Iklan Bawah Artikel