Fall Snack At School

It is not a party, and it is not celebrating Halloween.

Ah, school rules, I am very quickly becoming acquainted with the politics of our education system.

But, either way I got to make goodies and go in to her classroom and help!

And--I got to home-make the sweet treats!

I decided on graham cracker owls, and candy coated marshmallow pumpkins.

They were both a big hit with the first graders in Gracie's class, and so was the candy corn outfit I made her.

I had found the craft idea for the candy corn shirt, and the lady who posted the idea made her daughter a skirt to match as an extra. Well I loved the skirt more than the shirt--and I just had to do both. Of course I made a bow (ribbons) to match as well.

Gracie's fall snack was almost before time for the kids to go home for the day, so I didn't stay too long in the room--but I loved helping!

Each of Gracie's little classmates were so sweet and cute. Many of them had very good manners, and were so appreciative.

I took pictures of the room, and the treats and each of the four groups of tables that are in the room. The kids loved posing for the pictures and seeing them on the camera after they said cheese.


I spent about 15 minutes with the kids and I helped pass out the goodies, and take pictures, and clean up a little.

I said goodbye and they all said a group "thank you!"


But, the best part had to have been when one kid asked if he could hug me a thank you, and the teacher said "sure." Moments later I got a hug, followed by 15 more. Well, actually it was one big hug with 16 pairs of arms. And, it was the sweetest moment. Once the teacher pried the sweet children off of me, I got hug #17. She said "because you are my mama."

I gave that child an extra squeeze and a kiss, and left the classroom practically floating.

I can't wait to "volunteer" again.

1 Response to "Fall Snack At School"

  1. Candice7:22 PM

    Love the outfit! Save it!! Glad you were allowed to help out!

    ReplyDelete

Iklan Atas Artikel

Iklan Tengah Artikel 1

Iklan Tengah Artikel 2

Iklan Bawah Artikel