Goodbye Mrs. Wiggles

Tooth number four made it's overly dramatic exit this afternoon--again in the car!

The pesky top tooth dubbed "Mrs. Wiggles," since she was found to be loose only hours after the high speed interstate exit of "Mr. Wiggles" with a cheese doodle.

Now "Mrs. Wiggles" had been grossing me out for weeks. In fact I would often kid Gracie and tell her "just yank that tooth out!" Well, I guess the tooth got the message, because thanks to all of Gracie's wiggling "she" decided to become very loose today.

I put Thomas and Gracie in the car to run a few errands and while buckling Gracie announces "my tooth is bleeding."

Boy, she wasn't kidding. I won't gross you out any farther, but let me tell you it didn't stop for about a half hour, even after the tooth was out!

As it is custom with my daughter, the drama ensues. I give her tissues and plead with her to pull it out before she swallows it. Keep in mind we are in the driveway still in the car. And Thomas is getting a great kick out of it let me tell you!

Finally mommy "helps" it out after she tries to pull without luck. I show her tooth #4 and all the drama melts away.

Tonight she put her tooth in her Tooth Fairy pillow I made her, and hung her welcome sign on her bedroom door.

She is extra excited because we just finished "Junie B. Jones, Toothless Wonder" a few nights ago. Those books are just super hilarious, and I recommend them to any parent of a little girl, or to a 3rd-5th grader for whom these books were written (at their level of reading anyway).

Of course she is also excited to show Miss. Anderson in the morning and get her name on the tooth chart in the classroom. If you remember Gracie was so upset that she never lost a tooth during Kindergarten and never got her name on that chart. Oh the things 6 year olds strive for!

1 Response to "Goodbye Mrs. Wiggles"

  1. Grandma12:54 PM

    Congratulations Gracie! I knew Mrs. Wiggles would come out soon. I love you! By the way, I love your and Thomas' matching outfits. I would love to have a picture of the two of you together for my table :) I hope Thomas will cooperate - Good Luck!

    ReplyDelete

Iklan Atas Artikel

Iklan Tengah Artikel 1

Iklan Tengah Artikel 2

Iklan Bawah Artikel