21 Months


Mommy's big boy is 21 months old today.

He is such a handsome little man. He still doesn't have a large vocabulary, but boy is he a flirt, and a ham, and a cleaver little devil!

Thomas loves anything on wheels, and he still loves to yell "vroom, vroom." He will point out any truck or large vehicle we encounter with an emphatic "ruck!! ruck!!!" I don't know how his little brain knew to be and love and do all things boy--but it did. He is as much "all boy," as Gracie is "all girl." What polar opposites my children are!

I am putting him in mostly 24 months and 2T clothes. They are a little big on him, and while he is growing, he still seems to be smaller than most kids his age. And, I have gotten better about comparing him (but, I only did because I was so worried about how small he was. I have only raised a giant, so "average" and below "average" weight and height sounded off every mother bell in my head!) but I notice the difference when he is around other kids.

Thomas and mommy still go to story time once a week. Besides all of the cars and trucks we have, and the books about cars and trucks, and the shows/videos we have about cars and trucks--his best friend is still Chewey.

I am working on putting up the "bink" during non-sleeping hours, but it isn't going well. He is very attached like Gracie was (well, you can mark that down as one of the very FEW ways they are/have been alike!).

He has gotten his first hair cut, he loves to run and play and bounce and be a complete daredevil. However he is scared of real airplanes thanks to those loud military jets that practiced the day of the Richmond race (we live under the incoming and outgoing path for the airport, so that makes it hard!), and of cats. Yep, my daredevil is scared of those nasty, lazy, self-righteous felines!

Of course Thomas is far more intricate that just these few paragraphs, but gives you a little glimpse into the very special man in our lives.

1 Response to "21 Months"

  1. Candice2:28 PM

    Have you ever heard of cutting just a little snip off the end of the paci each week? Then it gets too short. Some people say it works...who knows.
    Thomas, I'm scared of cats too! (and allergic)
    As for airplanes, I hope he can teach my daughter to be scared of them. Her Papaw has already started telling her that he cannot wait to take her for her first airplane ride! OVER MY DEAD BODY! Motorcycle ride-yes he can. Airplan-NO!

    ReplyDelete

Iklan Atas Artikel

Iklan Tengah Artikel 1

Iklan Tengah Artikel 2

Iklan Bawah Artikel