Naked Grocer

Remember this?!!

I bought it for Gracie when she was 4 at the thrift store in Strasburg. (Of course she played with it in her pretty dresses, and he would rather play, live and eat nearly naked!!)  She and I loved that grocery store, and to be honest I am surprised it survived the move, and to be more honest, it was under the house and marked for Goodwill for a long time.

Anyway, back to my little naked grocer.

The past two days he had been putting something in the play grocery cart we have and pretending to check it out.

I would make the "beep" sound as I  pretended to scan it and charge him. He would pretend to put money in my hand.

Since his interest wasn't waining, I told him I had an idea.

He was excited to watch me set up the wooden food on the bench in the living room.  He instinctively put all of the food in his cart and brought it over for me to "check out."

After several rounds of this play I told him I had another idea.

He was more than excited to see the grocery store I brought in and cleaned up.

We have been playing cashier and shopper all day!!

I love pretend toys. I will trade this kind of toy for a battery-operated anything any time!!

Thomas loved to be the cashier the most, but he took his turn picking out things to buy as well.

Funny thing is he didn't want to use play money. I even printed out some fresh Bunny Money for him to use.  Nope, he liked to pretend to swipe the card.

I (and Grandma) save those cardboard fake credit cards you get in the mail. The kids love to pretend with them.  Grandma gets better ones though, she gave them Disney ones.  I also save used gift cards, they are more "real" and have better designs sometimes too.

I am not sure where I am going to put this when we are done.  We are full up on toys and out of space.  But, I will figure something out, it has been far too much fun, and it is the most he has ever played with one thing!

**Below, picture of Gracie the day she got it, March 25, 2008 ***

2 Responses to "Naked Grocer"

  1. Okay, this cracks me up. Jolee would LOVE to play too even if the grocer is naked.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The grocery store sounds like fun - I know what you can do with it when you're finished :)

    ReplyDelete

Iklan Atas Artikel

Iklan Tengah Artikel 1

Iklan Tengah Artikel 2

Iklan Bawah Artikel