New Thursday Plan

I am not a "spur of the moment" kind of mom. I am not even a "spur of the moment" kind of person.  But, it is fun to just let go and do something you did 't plan on and shake up an otherwise boring morning.

Today my plan was: Costco, quiet time, Gracie's home from school.

But, Grace texted me this morning and wanted to know if Thomas and I would like to join her and Bryce & Emmy at the Children's Musuem.

That is way more fun than Costco.

Little did she know, while we were awake and up--we were not showered dressed or remotely publicly presentable at 8:45 am.

She suggested 9:30, and since it is downtown I would need 20-30 minutes for the drive.  We got dressed...and excited fast!

What fun the boys had!

If you remember we went to the musuem last summer/late fall for the first time. It was a discount weekend, and while we saved half the cost, it wasn't really what we were expecting.  But, Thomas and Gracie had fun. We just never made it a plan to go back.


This time around, I was only "chasing" one child, and with seasoned veterans of the place, we were able to see and find so much more than we did the first time.  Of course, things had changed anyway, and there were different exhibits, and some places closed off, but the preschoolers had a great time running from place to place to place.

And, what a surprise for us. As the boys are playing, another preschool friend happened to arrive!  For the last hour of our playtime, Rebecca, Bryce & Thomas all had a blast.

It was so neat to see them seeing each other!


Grace and I were ready to pack in in around 11. We weren't necessarily tired, but about 4 different field trips had trickled in since arrived around 9:30 and the noise and chaos were getting to be too much for this mama.

The kids were a little disappointed, but we reminded them they get to play together again at the musuem for Rebecca's birthday party here on the 8th of June!

It was a great morning. I guess I will have to shake up my days more often!






1 Response to "New Thursday Plan"

  1. I'm typically not a spur of the moment person either, ha! I'll try to give you more of a heads up next time we scheme up a plan!

    ReplyDelete

Iklan Atas Artikel

Iklan Tengah Artikel 1

Iklan Tengah Artikel 2

Iklan Bawah Artikel