Firefighters..Show & Tell...AND a PIcnic

..and a new car seat (long story)!

What a day for a preschooler!

Daddy took Thomas to preschool today, so I missed the morning routine, but I was bound and determined to get back to school in time for the firefighters to arrive and talk to the kids.

I made it.

Thomas was surprised and quite happy that mommy was going to see the firefighters too.  The kids anxiously listened to four volunteer firefighters from our closest station: number 7 as they talked about 9-1-1 and Stop, Drop & Roll. 

Of course being 3 & 4, the kids answer for everything was "fire!" and then the topic kept changing to Halloween costumes.

Not the best attention spans.

But, they looked cute in their hats!

The three year old class got to go down and outside to see the fire truck first, and the two 4 year old class teachers attempted to keep the kids busy and entertained.  Maybe 8-10 minutes later, Shayna, the school's director comes in to tell us all that the firefighters got an emergency call and had to leave.


It took a good 1-2 minutes for their little minds to wrap around the news, and there was a collective "awe!!!"  I snapped the best picture to sum up the mood of the room with Grace's son Bryce.

I asked Mrs. Tammy if we could make an attempt at a group picture anyway since I had planned on one outside, and then I walked with Thomas and his disappointed friends back to the classroom.


I had already planned to stay longer and I had the camera...so..I hung out for a little while longer.

I was privileged to see circle time with calendar and the pledge and Show and Tell!!

I am sure I was more excited to get to share this moment with my son and his classmates than they were to show off what they brought in that started with the letter "E."


After Show and Tell I ran home, and then to Target to get a car seat (such a long story!), but I made it back in time for pick up line.

While I was in the school listening to the firefighters, Grace texted me about maybe a picnic for the boys after school.

Why not?!

So, Thomas and I stopped off at Subway and got lunch and met Grace and Bryce and Emmy at Pole Green Park for lunch and play time.

What a day!

2 Responses to "Firefighters..Show & Tell...AND a PIcnic"

  1. It was a great day! Thanks for capturing it for us all to see!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thomas, I'm so sorry that the firetrucks had to leave. I'm glad you had a good day though.

    ReplyDelete

Iklan Atas Artikel

Iklan Tengah Artikel 1

Iklan Tengah Artikel 2

Iklan Bawah Artikel