Saturday Club

As if I didn't already love this year's fourth grade teacher, she goes and makes us parents like her ever more.

She and the other teachers for this grade level have created a "Saturday Club," where students and their families can meet around Richmond and do an additional learning/fun activity!

Today we met at Belle Isle.

(And Grace is wondering if I got lost getting there.)


Short answer: yes! But, I only had to turn around once which is a huge accomplishment for me.

So I can now add Belle Isle to my list of places I have gotten lost trying to find while living in/around Richmond...it looks something like this:

*Maymont
*Botanical Gardens (getting home, I followed the bus there!)
*Children's Museum Of Richmond
*Canal Walk/Brown Island
*Kings Charter
*Belle Isle

( I am sure there are several more on this list, these are just the ones that stand out the most. Especially since the phone told me to jump off the interstate bridge with both the Canal Walk and Belle Isle! "Your destination is on the right" Yeah, 100 feet down!)


Back to the club.

I was expecting more parents since all 6 4th Grade teachers were there, but I would estimate about 30 people total. So 10 kids.


Lucky Gracie had both best friends Ashley and Clara to spend the morning with, so she probably didn't notice the lack of other classmates.


I had never been to Belle Isle before, and if you have a problem with heights this is NOT your place.  You can park on solid ground, but you will walk a half mile over a suspended bridge that hangs over the James River and under the Interstate Bridge.  Not cool if you are not prepared for it. But, breathtaking on a fall day.

In fact, the whole trip was beautiful to see.

I am very glad we went, and we may go again as a family.


And, if the morning weren't awesome enough, Clara's mom invited us to lunch.  We went to Bottom's Up Pizza, and it was good.  The kids had a great time sharing lunch, and the pizza was super yummy!


I am excited to see what it planned for the next Saturday Club!

1 Response to "Saturday Club"

  1. Oh, Bottoms Up!! We LOVE that place!! I think you and I should grab a Starbucks one day and I'll just drive you all around the Richmond area (without kids or a GPS to confuse you).

    ReplyDelete

Iklan Atas Artikel

Iklan Tengah Artikel 1

Iklan Tengah Artikel 2

Iklan Bawah Artikel