Kindergarten Registration





I am not sure how much I can blog about this without puddling up, or becoming to squishy inside.  But, I have to say that going over with Grace made the whole process a lot more tolerable.


We waited for Bryce in the lobby following Gracie's awards ceremony, and the boys walked to the gym together while we mamas snapped pictures and tried to focus.

I had all of my printed out forms, but I was welcomed with even more to fill out.  What I wasn't prepared for us was for a teacher to interview Thomas! I was trying hard to focus on my forms, but I kept peeking over to see what they were asking him to do.


He (of course) wouldn't tell me anything, but thankfully Bryce filled me in. Apparently, they asked them to count to 20, and to say the letter sounds A-Z and to write their names.  Thomas finished first and went over to play in the small waiting area they had set up while I got interviewed (just basic info on him and where we live, etc). Bryce joined him soon after.


We had planned to take the boys out to lunch after they registered even though we had Gracie's Spring party that afternoon (back at the school. I pretty much stayed there all day and so did Thomas!), but they wanted to play. So I dropped Thomas off at Bryce's house and went and picked up lunch and brought it back. That seemed to win the day.

Thomas and Bryce ate and played for a while before we had to go back to school.

It could have been worse. I could have been alone, and not had so many things packed into one day to keep me busy and unable to dwell in the sadness that comes with signing your child up to be cared for by strangers for 8 hours a day, 9 months a year for the next 13 years of his life.

1 Response to "Kindergarten Registration"

  1. Tears, Barbara! Tears! I have no words! I dread when my baby goes to kindergarten, but they more I've thought about it...the more I think maybe I will just take her with me to my school. At least I would be able to see her throughout the day, and I'd know the people working with her. I really think homeschool is the best answer.

    ReplyDelete

Iklan Atas Artikel

Iklan Tengah Artikel 1

Iklan Tengah Artikel 2

Iklan Bawah Artikel