School Spring Celebration

I was in charge of Gracie's class Spring Party this year.

At the last minute another mom who was going to plan needed to back out, so I happily jumped in.

Mrs. Mullenaux gave me some great suggestions to choose from, and we ended up with a great spread of food, several awesome activities, and perfect weather!

Have I mentioned I love having an all girls class?!!

So, the biggest hit was the egg drop.  Parents sent in recyclable materials and the girls were divided into teams of two, and they each had to make a container to hold their egg and protect it from a high drop.

It was so fun to watch them design and really think about how to save their eggs!


We did three levels of height drops, and each drop eliminated a few teams.  Gracie's team and one other team came out on top!

I helped the girls who were out of the egg drop plant some flower bulbs and we cleaned up and went in for food.

We did go back out after our feast and Mrs. Mullenaux instructed the winning girls to switch egg containers. The two teams would have the others egg and they could try and destroy it.  Well, after several whacks against the school wall, Gracie and Clara's egg finally fell victim. But, I was so proud of them for making it that far!


This is such a great group of girls. I am so happy that Gracie has had this experience this year and gets to keep it for next year!

1 Response to "School Spring Celebration"

  1. I think an all girls class would be so neat (if it's a drama free group like I have this year). Yay for egg drop! I've done this for several years, and my kids LOVE it. I drop them off the school roof onto the concrete sidewalk. My kiddos have to make a parachute too, and they get all excited!

    ReplyDelete

Iklan Atas Artikel

Iklan Tengah Artikel 1

Iklan Tengah Artikel 2

Iklan Bawah Artikel