School Bus Test Drive

It was just a test run on the school bus, but Thomas will take any opportunity to ride on a bus..or a train...or a truck...trolley...or a different car...

You get the idea.

Today was the back to school celebration at our local library.

This is the second year my kids have been. And, even though Thomas wouldn't be riding a school bus to preschool it seemed like a great opportunity to let him finally ride a school bus like his big sister.  And, this year, it was a great way to warm up for his first "official" school bus ride in 9 days.

9 days!!

Having done this activity last year with the kids, I knew it was a great program and I loved that the school bus driver talked to all of us parents and answered fears and questions--so, I invited all of Thomas' preschool friends and parents to come too.


How thrilled were we that 5 friends came to ride the bus and play with Thomas!


Of course best friend Bryce was there first, and he and Thomas quickly claimed a seat.

Yes, I talked him into taking that backpack. I knew there would be activities and goody bags so I figured it would be practical, but lets be honest, I did it for the photo ops!  I didn't want him to take his actual school back pack, so I used the precious Curious George one Grandma got him last summer. Plus, Chewey would need a place to ride until he got to the bus.  Chewey has always wanted to ride the school bus too!



 After a ride on the bus and many, many pictures later, we checked out the other activities.

The kids liked the obstacle course and active games with Stretch and Grow, and Jason took the boys to do a craft while I waited with the girls to get face paint done.  Emmy choose a yellow butterfly, and so Gracie decided to match her.


Thomas and Bryce also got a chance to visit with firefighters and climb aboard the #7 fire truck. (Number 7 station is across the road from us, so Thomas was extra excited)


This is a great program that the library does at the end of summer, and we loved sharing it with friends!

1 Response to "School Bus Test Drive"

Iklan Atas Artikel

Iklan Tengah Artikel 1

Iklan Tengah Artikel 2

Iklan Bawah Artikel