Christmas Eve Services

This is my favorite part of the entire Christmas season.

I love Christmas Eve. It is the most magical and wonderful part of the Christmas miracle story.

I look forward to Christmas Eve services every year, and we choose a night time one, because I think it is more fitting. I know it is exhausting for the kids, but they are always good sports and I really get to soak up all it offers.

I was really nervous about whether or not we would get to go because of all the illness. But, Gracie is all better, I am mostly better, and Thomas' eye is no longer oozing--so we got all dressed up and went.

I don't assume any one is judging me, but I honestly felt like no one was contagious, and I would never take my kids or myself and accidentally or purposely infect other people. It is Christmas and no one should be ill on this holiday or any other. I am always super cautious especially at church as we attend services with a large number or elderly and I know how dangerous even mild symptoms can be for them.

I think I choose our outfits pretty well, and we got to church early so there was some time for tree pictures.

The service was lovely as always, and Thomas took his first communion.

I had my phone posed and ready, but somehow it didn't start recording until he walked away. I was super bummed, but I witnessed it, and it was wonderful.



Not that you asked, but Methodist believe that the communion table is open to all people of all faiths and ages.  But, as parents, Garren and I have always agreed that we didn't want our kids to take communion until they really understood what it meant. As children they would just be eating bread and drinking grape juice and have no idea of the significance. Garren and I have decided together at what age we found appropriate.  Gracie took her first communion at this church on Christmas Eve 2011.  She was 7.

Since the first Sunday of the month is communion, I may let Thomas stay downstairs for that service and take it again.  He usually goes up to Children's Church after children's time early in the 11am service.



At the end of our Christmas Eve worship we lit candles and sang silent night. It was more beautiful than I can explain.



I think everyone left that building that night full of faith, love, and belief in the miracle.

 Merry Christmas Eve.

1 Response to "Christmas Eve Services"

Iklan Atas Artikel

Iklan Tengah Artikel 1

Iklan Tengah Artikel 2

Iklan Bawah Artikel