Star Student Of The Week


 Guess who was the Star Student of the Week today in Mrs. Tapper's 1st grade class?!  My boy!!

We are so proud of our Thomas, and I love that he was celebrated for a full week at school. How fun is that?!

Each day he got to do something special, and this mama couldn't miss out. So, I nicely asked Mrs. Tapper to help me capture those special Thomas moments since I couldn't be there to cheer for him myself.

Monday


 On Monday, Thomas was asked to bring and present his completed poster that was sent home with the exciting news on Friday.  He was so eager to fill in all the parts he started on it immediately after school Friday instead of playing!

While I can be so tense when it comes to the kids school projects (they so do them wrong! ;), his came out very colorful and very well done.  I love his answers, and I know it is a lot of pictures, but I wanted to share those answers, so click on the picture to make it larger.
 

 

Tuesday


On Tuesday, he got to bring in something for a Show & Tell.  He picked this NFL sticker book that he has so excitedly been adding to since around Christmas. Bryce got one and had been collecting the sticker packs, and I found one at the Dollar Store and asked if it was the same one. Sure enough. So these two have been collecting stickers and sharing duplicates and filling their books for months.(PS: This $1 book has cost me $20+ in sticker packs!!)  He loves his sticker book and gets really intense at finding missing numbers. He immediately thought up his sticker book for today, and Mrs. Tapper texted me the pictures and told me she had to take a picture of the Cowboys page since it is her favorite team. Thomas (like his daddy) is a Titan fan, and of course, we always root for Peyton.


(Yes, he's wearing pajamas. He had chosen that as his money incentive for the week)

Wednesday


 On Wednesday, Thomas got to bring his favorite book.  Until Grandma & Grandpa visited his favorite was a Lego City book, but they gave him a reader book about Monster Trucks, and now that's his favorite.  The picture is not of Mrs. Tapper, but rather Mrs. Booth who helps in his classroom from time to time.  She read the book to the class.

Thursday


Thursday was probably his favorite day, because that's the day mommy & Tobias came in.  It was have lunch with a parent day, and this awesome "parent" may have snuck Chewey in the diaper bag so he could come too.




Friday


Even though Chewey was just there yesterday, today was his day with Thomas--the Star Student! Friday was bring a stuffed friend day and Chewey enjoyed having his day with his best friend.

(Yes, his hair is a mess today!)


This is such a neat way to not only get to know the students, but to celebrate them as well. I love it! And, I thought I would share a comparison of when Gracie was chosen Star Student of the Week when she was in Miss. Orndorff's Kindergarten class back in 2010.





1 Response to "Star Student Of The Week"

  1. So glad to see that fun is still happening and children are still getting to be children in his school!!! TN has sucked the fun out of everything, or at least my district has!

    ReplyDelete

Iklan Atas Artikel

Iklan Tengah Artikel 1

Iklan Tengah Artikel 2

Iklan Bawah Artikel