Sick Days Are Good For Something

Whatever this disease is that Gracie brought in to our home isn't letting up--and it isn't discriminating either.

By Friday afternoon I knew I had it. I was sore and achey and above all--miserable. This weekend we all decided to stay in and under the covers, since the two other disease carriers were still in the throws of illness. We didn't do much--but we did it together.

While I promised Garren that we wouldn't do anything again today (including clean the house), I found myself "stir crazy." Then it I remembered the hundreds of little projects I had around the house that I never seem to have time for. Perfect. I got out my sewing box and got started. The creative part of me kept my mind active and I was still able to rest as I stitched from the comfort of my couch.

I wanted to show off my completed projects. Above you can see Gracie wearing one of the hairbows that I made for her. I actually got three done today; 2 crayon ones, and one teddy bear. My mother made bows just like these for me when I was a little girl, and I made some for Mariah when she was littler, so now the tradition continues. I hope to make plenty more over the years.

Below is the Clifford quilt that I put together this afternoon. I had the material and I needed to cut the squares and sew them together, and then of course add the back and finishing touches. Realistically, I hadn't started it at all. Somehow I got the whole thing done start to finish in about 3 hours; a new record I am sure!

So, I guess sick days are good for something, even if it is catching up on unfinished projects.

3 Responses to "Sick Days Are Good For Something"

  1. Anonymous7:08 PM

    First of all, when I am sick, I'm useless! I try to sleep until the illness is over. Secondly, you make me sick....I can't even sew a button on! It's just a good excuse to buy a new shirt! Ha! Hope you all feel better!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous7:37 PM

    I love the quilt. You did an excellent job! Three hours? It takes me three hours (or more) to get the materials ready. By then, I am too tired to work on anything. I am so glad you can do things like this. Keep up the good work! I am so proud of you. Hope all of you are feeling better soon. Love to you all!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous2:14 PM

    Barbara,

    The Clifford quilt is so cute & colorful!

    Take Care, Linda

    ReplyDelete

Iklan Atas Artikel

Iklan Tengah Artikel 1

Iklan Tengah Artikel 2

Iklan Bawah Artikel