Christmas Cookies

If I could have bottled the excitement from my five year old as she waited the hour and a half after church for Aunt Ruth to come over and make cookies with us--I could sell it for a fortune!!

She bounced around and looked out the window every five minutes until Ruth got here.

And, when she did arrive we didn't waste any time.

Gracie and Ruth mixed the cookie dough and we rolled it out and got the Christmas cookie cutters going.

I lost count at how many batches actually went in to the oven, but lets just say you are welcome to come over and get a handful.

Of course the favorite part of the cookie process is the decorating.


Gracie sprinkled about half, and was thrilled when I pulled out a icing bag for her to decorate the others.

I don't usually do icing on top of cookies just because she makes enough mess with the sprinkles! But, this was a special occasion...and she is 5. Not that it lessened the mess, but she had a great time spreading icing on already cooked dough and making more artful designs on top.

Aunt Ruth was a great sport in all of this, and seemed to have a good time as well. Ruth has grown boys of her own and missed out on girly things, and after the mess we made, she may not be quite as wistful about them any more ;)

Yes Candice, she got to eat some. And, if you saw how much sugar was on top of the sugar cookie she picked (the largest one of course) you would know it was equal to 4 cookies!

We girls had a fantastic afternoon and I know Gracie can not wait until Aunt Ruth comes over to play again soon. I hope she gets plenty of rest before the next time she visits, my little ball of sugar is a lot to handle--but she is definitely worth it!

2 Responses to "Christmas Cookies"

  1. Candice10:30 PM

    YUM! How'd you know I'd ask??

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous10:24 PM

    Candice - I assure you that some of those cookies donned 1/2 a bottle of sprinkles and/or colored sugar. I'm not sure if the sprinkles came out of the bottle too fast or if Gracie knew exactly what she was doing...

    ReplyDelete

Iklan Atas Artikel

Iklan Tengah Artikel 1

Iklan Tengah Artikel 2

Iklan Bawah Artikel