Veteran's Day 2013

I know that there are many in my extended family that served in the Armed Forces, and I am ashamed to say I am not sure whom, or which branch, or if they served in war time.  Perhaps that will be a family lesson for this evening.

Despite my ignorance of their service, it does not in anyway lesson their sacrifice or call to duty. On this Veterans Day we are thankful for those that went before, and those that are rising up to take their place.

I am very proud of our family's two Marines.

My brother served 8 years in the Marine Corps, and now his son and my nephew will follow in his footsteps.
The only picture I have of him here in uniform
is from my wedding with his daughter Mariah..

Isaac joined the Marines in September of this year, and will head to basic training in the Spring.

Isaac's swearing in ceremony October 2013


Blessing to those who served and choose to serve on this Memorial Day



Thank you to:

Uncle Brian

Cousin Issac

Logan & Ella's daddy Scott

Jonas, Mason, Van, Taylor & Carrington's daddy John.

Luke & Claire's daddy GW

---
Greater love has no one than this: to lay down one's life for one's friends.
John 15:13

1 Response to "Veteran's Day 2013"

  1. Great Post! Today I remember my Poppy who served!

    ReplyDelete

Iklan Atas Artikel

Iklan Tengah Artikel 1

Iklan Tengah Artikel 2

Iklan Bawah Artikel