Sunday Beauty

I know we can't keep it--but we can sure enjoy it!

And we did today.

We skipped church, and I am not proud of that. We had a bad day yesterday and daddy wanted to spend as much of today together soaking up his family and all the sunshine, so we opted to praise God by being a happy and loving family and seeing all the wonders he created.

Like pancakes.  Well, man created pancakes, but God made man, and man made batter, and Cracker Barrel restaurants.

(Okay, the kids ate pancakes, you know me, I don't like breakfast foods, so I got the pot roast lunch platter--yum!)

Since it was so perfect outside, we knew that staying out in it as much as we could would be the plan of the day, since a big snow is coming tonight.  Yeah, it is in the 70's and they are calling for a foot of snow tomorrow--I know--ridiculous!


Daddy had been wanting to try out the batting cages since he found them many moons ago.  So, we all went.  Daddy took most of the pitches, but the kids each got a turn.  And, don't faint, but....I hit all 4 pitches that came to me!  Thomas got bored and walked away and I finished his turn, and hit them all! I don't think I have EVER hit a baseball, and especially not with a bat--even when they forced us to play in school!


We used up our tokens, and the kids begged for the park.

Done.


We spent over an hour running and playing at the park (which was beyond packed--everyone else had the same idea), before returning home to get the grill ready for steaks!

It was a wonderful day for the weather, the food, and our family to play and laugh and be together. Hooray for Spring! Well, a spring teaser anyway.  My good mood will surely pass when the white stuff falls tonight.

1 Response to "Sunday Beauty"

  1. I'm sorry Saturday wasn't a good day. Hope things are ok! Looks like Sunday was a great day though! We soaked up the sun too and can't wait for it to come back, and we get more of it starting Sunday!! Now if we can just get some warm temps to come with it!

    ReplyDelete

Iklan Atas Artikel

Iklan Tengah Artikel 1

Iklan Tengah Artikel 2

Iklan Bawah Artikel