Thumbs Up

She's home and no worse for ware. As for me, I am relieved; but mystomach hasn't gotten the message yet.

She is quietly reading, ready at any moment to fall fast asleep, so I thought I would update the rest of you who are biting nails.

I had to stand in line to pick Gracie up from Preschool. Garren and I got there at 11:23 and drove past the line of parents waiting for little ones. I guess in many ways I am glad that I am "normal." The more outgoing moms were all there chatting with one another about how hard it was to leave them, and how they aren't babies any more. I was thinking the same thing plus: "let me in there--I can't wait any longer!" But, I remained calm.

The doors were opened at precisely 11:30 and I fell in to line. I tried to stay out of Gracie's sight because they stressed that the kids were to sit at the table until we signed them out, and I was pretty far back in the line of parents.

Gracie was glad to see me, and we walked around to get her backpack. Ms. Christine said she had a great day. I asked if she cried and she said no. What a relief. As we walked towards the door Ms. Stephanie also said Gracie had a good day. I was glad to have my baby back.

We walked to Daddy who was waiting in the car. I asked her if she had fun and she said yes. I noticed that she was pretty quiet. I think she had fun, but was so tired.

Daddy and I took her to lunch. She picked Subway. As we ate she told us a little more about her day. She said they sang songs and colored and played. Daddy asked her what she had for snack and she replied "cupcakes." She told us she picked a white one. That's about all we got out of her, but it was clear she had a good time. She even got a first day of Preschool certificate that she colored. Plus, a smiley face on her thumb. I think that means she was good at school. She seemed proud.

What a day for the both of us! If there is a cosmic parental chart somewhere, I have a shiny gold star for today.

8 Responses to "Thumbs Up"

  1. Anonymous2:19 PM

    Congratulations Gracie! I'm so glad you had fun at school. Mamaw was thinking of you and mommy all morning. I'm glad mommy made it okay too. I love you bunches.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous6:41 PM

    Good job Gracie! Grandpa and I are so glad you had fun on your first day of school. You did a great job of coloring your paper. We like the smiley face on your thumb. We bet you had fun playing with new friends. You are going to learn so many new things at school. We think you are going to have a lot of fun at school. Grandpa and Grandma love you very much. xoxoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous12:43 PM

    She is such a beautiful little girl!

    Thank you for sharing.

    Hope all is going well. Stop biting those nails! :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous1:37 PM

    She can’t be that big, I’m not that old yet…. Well, guess I am….

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous1:38 PM

    I'm glad that Gracie enjoyed her first day of "school!" (Now, you'll also have a few hours per week to do something just for yourself . . . . )

    Take Care

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous2:06 PM

    she is so cute !!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous8:35 AM

    dear all,
    how precious is that picture of the first day of school!! i know it must be hard to believe the time has come but it will probably be a real highlight for her. she will meet new friends and learn a great deal that will assist gracie in future years. thanks for letting me see such a great school girl picture. hello to all.
    love,
    jane

    ReplyDelete
  8. Anonymous8:40 AM

    Gracie,
    Emily went 2 days a week for 2 1/2 hour classes last year. This year she goes for 4-5 days for 3 hours. Mommy did such a beautiful job on your hairbow. Grandma made you such a beautiful dress.

    Barbara, It will get easier. just think of having some Barbara time. Lemme know how it goes tomorrow.
    Rach

    ReplyDelete

Iklan Atas Artikel

Iklan Tengah Artikel 1

Iklan Tengah Artikel 2

Iklan Bawah Artikel