End Of An Era


Okay that makes it sound like something that we aren't super excited about happening, and that just isn't true. But, life as we know it is about to change.

Today I just had to have one last picture of our family before we added on.

Grandma and Grandpa are here and my Gracie is likely jumping on the hotel bed and eating way too much sugar as I type in this last blog post before our hospital trip in a few hours.

I have been doing just fine today, and with an overly excited Gracie I have had my hands full and haven't had any time to dwell on the impending hospital trip or surgery. It wasn't until Garren and I left to go out to dinner just the two of us that I started to get weepy.

I actually had to hold Gracie's arms to stop jumping so I could tell her goodbye. She of course is thrilled with Grandma and Grandpa and will likely not even notice we are missing. But, we will notice she is missing. There are very few times in her life that I haven't been there. I won't wake her in the morning for school or make her breakfast. She won't crawl into bed tonight for her story or extra early in the morning for a snuggle. Good thing I will have someone else warm and little to snuggle tomorrow morning, or I don't think I will make it.

So here is our family, from March 2004 until February 2009. I can't wait to share our newest family portrait of all 4 of us very soon.

1 Response to "End Of An Era"

  1. Anonymous9:18 PM

    “Twas the Night Before Thomas”

    Twas the night before Thomas
    Gracie’s out having fun
    With Grandpa and Grandma
    The joy just begun.

    Mommy is nervous
    Daddy is scared
    New baby is coming
    They hope all is prepared.

    The new addition will change
    This sweet family of three
    To a family of four
    Very soon you see.

    There’ll be diapers to change
    Ponies’ hair to comb
    Tears to soothe
    Plenty to do when Thomas comes home!

    Mommy worries so much
    About love and attention
    For her two precious babies
    This is all crazy might I mention!

    These children are blessed
    So fortunate in life
    Having two loving parents
    That are husband and wife!

    ReplyDelete

Iklan Atas Artikel

Iklan Tengah Artikel 1

Iklan Tengah Artikel 2

Iklan Bawah Artikel