Gracie Prays

We pray with Gracie every night, and we are working on reading stories from her child's Bible, but I had no idea how much was sinking in until church this morning.

I have often said that it seems like nothing is getting through that big old head of hers, and then out of no where she proves that she has picked up more than we knew.

This morning, it was so unbearably hot in the sanctuary, and we lost our usual pew, so we were further back (which means more people, which means even more body heat). But, I digress.

Gracie was laying on daddy and he was fanning her. We were praying for people in the congregation and she had her hands folded even though she was laying across his lap. At the end of the prayer we recite The Lord's Prayer.

I couldn't hold back tears as I heard my daughter recite each word loud enough for me to hear. Garren looked and me, and I looked back at him in amazement. Had she been doing this all along and I just hadn't heard her since her head is usually down? I can't tell you just how special that moment was. She is becoming such a big girl, and nightly I pray that I can raise her to be a good little girl who will know God. I guess I am doing a good job after all, or more likely He has answered my prayers.

Our Father, which art in heaven, hallowed be thy name;
thy kingdom come; thy will be done, on earth as it is in heaven.
Give us this day our daily bread.
And forgive us our trespasses, as we forgive them that trespass against us.
And lead us not into temptation; but deliver us from evil.
For thine is the kingdom, the power, and the glory, for ever and ever.
Amen.

1 Response to "Gracie Prays"

  1. Cheryl1:16 PM

    Barbara,
    You are doing a wonderful job raising your children and I'm sure God hears your prayers and will continue to answer them as you look to Him for guidance.

    ReplyDelete

Iklan Atas Artikel

Iklan Tengah Artikel 1

Iklan Tengah Artikel 2

Iklan Bawah Artikel