It Was Bound To Happen

I knew that her very noticeable raccoon eyes were not going to be the only downfall of my Gracie's severe exhaustion.

I noticed yesterday at the field trip that she just wasn't herself. On the wagon ride she curled up on me and wrapped her arms around my neck and laid her head down.

I knew she was tired, but didn't think much of it. After all she ditched me and stayed to finish out school.

Then, when she came home and laid on a pillow bed she made and watched her TV show, I knew she was super tired and vowed to get her ready for bed as soon as possible after choir practice.

Then she looked like a droopy doll as she sang for her choir practice. But she sang and did exactly what she was supposed to. It was when she came back to the pews with me and laid down beside me that I started to get concerned. I knew she was beyond tired.

When we got in the car, I told her we would change plans and she was to go straight upstairs and get ready for bed and I would bring her milk and a sandwich. I figured I could hand wash in her in the morning and she would be fine for one day.

By the time I got Thomas in side I found her laying on the carpet at the bottom of the steps where we take our shoes off. Now, I was really getting concerned.

I took her shoes off and helped her upstairs (and carried Thomas too!). I put the baby in his exersaucer and helped her in to her pajamas. Actually, she sat like a limp doll while I undressed and dressed her.

I told her I would be back up with a sandwich and milk and she was to sit on her bed. When I got back upstairs she was in her bed, covers over her, and her eyes were closed.

She took a sip of her milk, but told me she was too tired to eat.

Now, I was really worried about her.

She slept from that point on (7:15), until around 2am. I heard the baby and went to get him, only to find Garren stripping Gracie's bed. He told me he had heard her cough about 45 minutes before and didn't think anything of it. She had apparently thrown up and gone back to sleep. He heard her get up again, and was helping her out of her jammies and dirty sheets. She had a temperature of 102.

I took care of the baby and he finished with her and she went back to sleep. While the thought that she was sick was in the back of my mind, I knew it was lack of sleep.

Gracie has done this countless times before. She gets so exhausted that she makes herself sick. It comes with a fever for a few hours, she throws up once and then she is over it.

I was right. She woke up this morning and was fine, but we still weren't sending her to school.

So, she is here with Mommy and Thomas today and I intend for her to get as much sleep and rest as possible.

As for the solution. I have no idea. We don't run around all over the place like some of these poor soccer moms. We have one activity and it is only a 30 minute choir practice once a week. She just plain and simple doesn't get enough sleep. Naps during the week are impossible. We make her have a nap time on the weekends, but she never sleeps.

So, I don't really have any other choice than to let her poor little body get used to it. But, let me tell you--it is extremely hard to watch your child so miserable tired and have to push her to get ready for school, and watch her go to bed hungry because she is too tired to eat.

I knew there was more than separation anxiety (and those nasty germs) to be expected from Kindergarten!

1 Response to "It Was Bound To Happen"

  1. Candice8:22 PM

    Bless her heart! Give her a hug for me!!

    ReplyDelete

Iklan Atas Artikel

Iklan Tengah Artikel 1

Iklan Tengah Artikel 2

Iklan Bawah Artikel