Kindergarten Sight Words

Gracie came home this week with a printout of 8 site words for her to work on at home.

I thought to myself, "a chance to do more with Gracie's education." I have felt so guilty for so long that I haven't had (or made) the time to keep up our education program at home.

So, feeling good and exciting to get to work together I pull the sheet out. I point to the first word--she hollers it out, I point to the second, she hollers it out...this continued for all 8 words. So much for creative ideas on how to use the words and learn them.

Don't get me wrong I was thrilled to hear her shout the answers out. And, my slight "frown" didn't last long because I found the complete list (for the year I assume) on the back cover of her gray folder. Now we can get ahead and master them all!

Today Gracie is home from school since they canceled for snow. I found a box of site word flash cards that I bought at a thrift store and started pulling out the words from the large list.

You couldn't have wiped the smile off my face with anything as I heard her got through card after card shouting out the word written on the front.

I stopped after a third of the words on her list because it was getting tedious finding them in a HUGE stack of flashcards, so we still have more to do. But, I am one proud mommy!

Below is a list of sets 1-4 (of 13) of her Kindergarten Site Word list. Those she has mastered are in red :)

Set 1: a, am, at, I, like, me, my, see

Set 2: the, to, you, and, are, in, is, it

Set 3: big, can, for, go, jump, look, not, up

Set 4: come, help, here, little, play, run, said, we

You can keep up with our progress on the left hand side of the blog. I will continue to add words she has mastered in red. And, I challenge you to send her a message in the comments or our email using the words she knows or is learning from the list. It will be a great way for her to be able to read messages that you send.

1 Response to "Kindergarten Sight Words"

  1. Candice3:59 PM

    This is such good news, Gracie! You are doing so well. Pretty soon you will know all of these words!

    ReplyDelete

Iklan Atas Artikel

Iklan Tengah Artikel 1

Iklan Tengah Artikel 2

Iklan Bawah Artikel