She's Officially A Kindergartener

email to family & friends 9/8/09

She's officially a Kindergartner, and officially away from home. Well, at least for 8 hours a day, which is far more than she has ever been away from me.

Her first day seemed to be a success as she didn't get lost or cry--which is more than I can say for mommy. Although, I did hold off on the tears until I got back to our front door. Putting Gracie on that bus was both proud and heartbreaking. But she was a true champion and waved to me and looked so happy she could burst.

She had a great day and loved the lunch I packed her (complete with PB&J and a special note from mommy). She came home with two certificates from school and a HUGE grin on her face. And, we do it all again tomorrow.

We hope that if your child started school today they had a fantastic day! And mommy thanks the many, many, many people who thought about us and prayed for me this morning as I struggled with what might be the hardest thing I have had to do (thus far) in my parental life. We made it through (although mommy not so gracefully) and I am pretty sure I earned the biggest parenting sticker ever, the one that signifies "letting go."

You can see pictures and read more about Gracie's day on our blog.

Lots of Love to you all,
Barbara, Garren, Gracie & Thomas

8 Responses to "She's Officially A Kindergartener"

  1. Amy H.2:27 PM

    I hope the rest of your week goes well. I'm glad Gracie enjoyed her day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aunt Ruth2:28 PM

    What a great documentation you did of this day!

    What a wonderful day for her and what a promise for her (and, I hope for you) for tomorrow! I hope her enthusiasm eases some of your apprehension and sadness. But . . . . then again, let the tears roll if you want to.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Reverend Ed2:28 PM

    That picure is so cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sabra2:29 PM

    It is difficult letting them go. Carson came home exhausted.

    Keep us posted on Gracie and anything I need to know at school.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sara D.2:30 PM

    Way to go, Mommy! The first day is so difficult. More so for us than it is our little ones!

    All of the wonderful things you have taught her since birth will show when she is away from you and in the classroom.

    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Bill D.2:31 PM

    Thank your for the wonderful picture of Gracie. She certainly has her mother's smile and happy eyes.

    You mentioned "letting go". Well, I have to say you will have many more stickers for that in the years to come. While it does tug at your heart when those moments happen, I think it helps to at the same time realize that your daughter is also embarking on an adventure. That sort of makes it easier to take.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Aunt Heather2:31 PM

    I just had to reply and tell you that the note in the lunch thing made me a little teary eyed; I used to do that for the twins...so sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Dawn D.2:33 PM

    She's so precious. Thanks for sharing and I'm happy that we made it through week one. :-)

    ReplyDelete

Iklan Atas Artikel

Iklan Tengah Artikel 1

Iklan Tengah Artikel 2

Iklan Bawah Artikel