Mommy Made Pickles

Okay, I am super proud of myself for making these very simple pickles. But, you've gotta love your June Cleaver moments--well I do.

I can't take all the credit. Colette made these a few months back and they were awesome. Since we have been grilling out I have been craving them for my hamburgers. So, I asked for the recipe and less than an hour later I had fresh pickles!

Well, I guess I have to thank Rachel Ray too since this was one of her recipes ;) This is the second one of Rachel Ray's recipes I have used, and both have come out awesome!

Want the recipe?

Ingredients

  • 1/2 cup white vinegar, eyeball it
  • 2 rounded teaspoons sugar
  • 1 teaspoon mustard seed
  • 1 teaspoon salt
  • 1 clove cracked garlic
  • 1 teaspoon dried dill or 2 tablespoons fresh dill leaves, chopped or snipped (I used dill weed from a jar--spices are expensive!!!)
  • 1 bay leaf (I totally thought I had bay leaves, but couldn't find them, and it still came out good!)
  • 4 kirby cucumbers, cut into 1-inch slices on an angle (I used Walmart cukes and cut into rounds)
  • Oh, and I had to go back and make another pot of the liquid as I had too many cucumbers. You will likely have to do that too as you can get over zealous! Don't forget to double the dill weed (and Bay leaf if you have it) too.

Directions

Heat small saucepan over medium high heat. Add vinegar, sugar, mustard seed, salt, and garlic to the pan and cook until it begins to simmer and sugar dissolves. Toss the dill, bay leaf, and sliced cucumbers together in a heat-proof bowl. (I had saved an old pickle jar, worked awesome!) Pour the simmering liquid over the cucumbers and stir to evenly coat. Allow to cool to room temperature or chill before serving

1 Response to "Mommy Made Pickles"

  1. Grandma7:56 AM

    One hour? My, things have really changed over the years. Yes, I know, occasionally, for the better. Way to go June.

    ReplyDelete

Iklan Atas Artikel

Iklan Tengah Artikel 1

Iklan Tengah Artikel 2

Iklan Bawah Artikel