Preschool...Already?

When some annoying by-standard looks at you and smiles or grimaces and says to you those words of unwanted "advice:"  Don't Blink! you will surely find yourself frustrated or rolling your eyes.

Days or weeks, or months or even hours later you will look down at the same small head you were so desperately trying to get to eat, sleep, listen, behave...and realize that the stranger was far too right.

Most of me finds it hard to believe that he is 3 already, and yet there is a part of me that feels like he has been there my whole life and surely we have battled for the last 20 something years.

It is time to think about preschool.

Well, it is summer, so I need to do more than think.  I better fill out the forms.

You can imagine my excitment when I found out the church we have been attending since we moved here offers EXACTLY what I want for him: 2 days a week, 4 hours per day.  It is the same as Gracie had at this age in Strasburg,  (Yes, I can't even go there--I am trying to stay positive).


Wednesday of last week we went and toured the facility,  It was perfectly darling, and in the upstairs of the church building. Thomas will be one of 8 kids registered so far for the 3 year old class.

The room was small, and had a table and chairs and coat hooks and toys.


The kids will get to bring in a snack, so he will get to have a lunch box (which he is thrilled about!!), and they will have the added benefit of a devotional time with one of the pastors of the church each day--which is something Gracie did *not* have.

Thomas was nervous as we were shown the room by the school's director. But, he proudly introduced his sister and me.  Wouldn't tell her his name, but said "Dis is Gracie....dis is mama."  He did shake her hand on the way out though.

We were only there a few minutes, but I felt very good about the place and the idea by the time we loaded in the car.

I had to have a picture (of course), but Thomas wasn't having it, so I had Gracie snap one. It is a little blurry, but it is my keepsake.

So, now that we have looked around and I am starting on paper work, Thomas is endlessly talking about "'I go preschool!!"

I decided to look on line for the perfect little back pack and found it at Walmart of all places.  We dug and found it today while we were there picking up a few little things. I love how proud he is of it. He will show everyone his backpack and has been wearing it most of the day.

He has a Bob The Builder lunchbox I found him at a thrift store last year to play with, and he uses that as he walks around the house (usually in his undies) with his backpack.  Unless I find him a better one, he will likely use that one. I love the old fashioned lunchboxes with the handle.  I will keep a look out for others at thrift stores, but they are usually hard to find.

So, all in all, that makes one of us who is ready for the fall.

2 Responses to "Preschool...Already?"

  1. I'm so excited for him!! And for you! (as you enjoy a few hours of kid free time) :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, how I just love that sweet little face! He is the sweetest little boy EVER!!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Iklan Atas Artikel

Iklan Tengah Artikel 1

Iklan Tengah Artikel 2

Iklan Bawah Artikel