Church Christmas Party

Today may have been the busiest day of my life. Well, probably not, but it felt like it!

It all started when I went to wake Gracie up for school and she was already awake. She told me her ear hurt. I knew this couldn't be good.

Apparently it started hurting some time during the night and she put water on it thinking it would help. She never came and got me, and we discussed the fact that she can ALWAYS come and get mommy or daddy any time she needs us. She told me she just wanted to go back to sleep.

I gave her some Tylenol and decided to keep her home. She went back to bed and slept until after 10, and I called and got the only open Dr. appointment of the day: 4pm!

While Thomas was down for his morning nap and she was cuddled on the couch watching Tinkerbell for the one millionth time, I got started on cake attempt number 2.

This time the icing stayed put and I was very pleased with how it looked.

Now, to get the kitchen cleaned up, pack the car for tonight's party/caroling adventure, get the kids dressed and ready, take her to the Dr., and get to the church by 5:30.

Somehow I accomplished all of these things, and the doctor confirmed that she did have a left ear infection. I take the blame on this one since the last time I took Thomas in (a few weeks ago) I asked about ear infections since all of my friends with new babies were saying their infants had one or were getting over one. Since I had never had this problem with Gracie, I asked her for warning signs. I remember saying "my children don't get ear infections, but..." The pediatrician laughed at me when I reminded her and agreed it was my fault.

We picked up Gracie's medicine and headed to the church. I asked her over and over again if she felt like going, that we could go home and just rest. She was adamant about going. She wanted to see Aunt Ruth & Uncle George, and was so excited that her teacher (who also goes to our church) would be there as well.

The kids had pizza, but Gracie didn't eat much. Then they watched the Nativity movie and we bundled up to go caroling.

She seemed to be having a great time, and I constantly checked on her and hugged her (the ear infection really scared me, Gracie has never hurt before!). She reassured me she was fine, but you can tell in the pictures she wasn't feeling the best.

As for my son. Well, he spent the evening flirting with EVERYONE, and in the arms of two of his favorite people, who of course snuggled him to sleep and carried him around most of the evening.

He did however perk up and spent some time with mommy when we went down to our town's main street and sang. He LOVED this part, and sang right along. The freezing temperatures didn't seem to bother him. Of course I had 4 blankets covering him when he didn't find his way out of them.

After singing the kids were treated to cookies and hot chocolate. And, then we lit my cake and sang "Happy Birthday" to Jesus. I don't know that the idea was a hit with everyone, but it was really geared for the younger children who don't have such a great understanding of The Christmas Story.

We got home around 9pm and Garren helped me get the kids to bed. I followed along not much later.

It was a busy day with a very warm and wonderful evening.

2 Responses to "Church Christmas Party"

  1. Grandma3:37 PM

    Your cake looks beautiful! I'm sure Jesus liked it and the birthday song too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Candice10:19 PM

    Glad to hear she is still enjoying that Tinkerbell movie! Didn't we get that for her last year?

    ReplyDelete

Iklan Atas Artikel

Iklan Tengah Artikel 1

Iklan Tengah Artikel 2

Iklan Bawah Artikel